Friday 29 February 2008

Unprepared

Theres not too much to say really today. It’s been pretty uneventful. I feel the same, low, crappy and disinterested in everything. I just wanna feel normal again, I don’t want to be worrying about getting up the stairs to go the toilet. I want to be able to sleep properly at night and not think about in the morning having a wash is such a huge effort. I want to be able to do something that interests me in the daytime. I went out in the car today but that was an effort and I slept when I got back. I was totally unprepared for all of this transplant malakry. It was sprung on me so quick, I knew I’d feel ill but not as ill as I have done.

I want to be able to have the energy to talk to people but I just don’t. I have a vague interest in football but even that is limited. My taste is so buggered, everything has to be piping hot and flavoured up for me. I want visitors but I hope you don’t expect too much from me, I just don’t have the energy to be all chatty and talkative at the moment.

I cried this afternoon, I just don’t see an end to all this and that’s hard for me at the moment, I want to be able to do stuff but I just don’t have the motivation. Its like in the day, what do you do? There’s only so much time you can spend on facebook, I cant concentrate on books properly and dvds just don’t interest me. Everything I had had has been taken away and sometimes I just want it all to be over. I don’t know how much more I can deal with. At the moment I cant even contemplate having a bone marrow transplant, I don’t know if I could put myself through it for the minimal odds of it even working. But maybe my attitude will change with time I don’t know. I feel like I just wanna sleep all the time because then I don’t have to think about things and I can relax but if I sleep too much in the day I worry I wont sleep at night. It’s a vicious circle.

To be honest I cant say anything else, theres noone that can understand how I’m feeling right now to be honest and as much as I try and explain things that’s not going to change. I just wish I felt more positive. Its just a waiting game now and I cant tell if the chemo has worked, all I know is my breathing is improved, which is great sign yeh but for how long? Its anyones guess.

I guess I just have to try and believe it will get better, well it has too cos it cant get much worse.

Mel xx

1 comment:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Hello from Canada, I was just reading this post to my Aunt who is fighting the same thing and she related to every single thing you said...so know that your post are helping others and we have you in our prayers. My Aunt wants you to know "That through this darkness, there will be light". LP