Monday 25 February 2008

Chemo Tired kicks in

It has just taken me like an hour to motivate myself to move the table to go on the computer! I keep falling asleep but I really wanna update first. ‘Chemo Tired’ is kicking in now, I can tell the difference from a normal tiredness. I guess after 4 days of the stuff it was bound to happen plus my stupid sleeping patterns cos of steroids! So I am gonna try and have an earlyish night for me. That’s means pre 2am!

Sophie, Nick and Chris came today which was really good so thanks sooo much guys for coming, I really do appreciate the visits from people! And well done to Soph who won the Connect 4 battle! Sadly my dad is ill and cant come in at the moment which is sad but like we said we just can’t risk it due to the nature of the ward and the disease. But hopefully the cold will be short lived and he’ll be back soon enough!! It was also good to see Becky again and she’ll back on Thursday.

My voice feels a bit weird today a bit husky, it’s a sign the tumour is pressing on something, we’ve been warned about it before. I can also feel sensations in my chest, weird as that sounds but I have no idea if this is a good or bad thing!! Today is the first day I’ve felt ill really in terms of chemo ill I think, I just feel a bit more groggy and tired. Nothing major, just little signs really. And slightly nauseas which isn’t good. I have just had anti sickness though so I’m praying it takes it off.

Chemo starts again tomorrow, fluids followed by the chemo followed by more fluids. This is the one that is gonna make me feel ill I guess so if I don’t update or text you back you know why! Also being connected to chemo just to let you know is no big deal, I dunno what some people expect! Its literally just connected to my drip and goes through my line, I don’t feel it at all and I can walk around with the drip attached me. The bad bit is when your disconnected and the side effects kick in!!!
I actually shed a tear tonight, not many, just a few, I dunno why they came, they just arrived and then left as quickly as they had arrived. I have no idea where they came from.
I was gonna update about my willows things and also about fundraising but I am far too tired so I will do that another time. For now this is it.
Night night xxx

No comments: