Monday 25 February 2008

Temp Blog

TODAYS ENTRY - 7th FEBRURAY!

A late blog tonight!

Not much to report really, I feel the same, no sickness or anything so far, bit more tired but even that has been ok today. Main discomfort is in my lower back cos of sitting down all bloody day! I need some cream or something I think! Sooty came to see me which was ace as always and I enjoyed that, having a good natter! And I enjoyed the maltesers - well I am as I write!! And can I say Sooty if your reading this I‘m well impressed u joined the Bone Marrow Register – I think its an amazing thing to have done and that goes to any of my friends who have done it and also to those who donate blood too cos I have that a lot as well!! And I should have done it when I could!
Had a very cheery male nurse tonight, kinda reminds me of Kas from downstairs lol. Anyway he collected all my wee that I’ve done a 24 hour sample of! Lol fun stuff!

Aside from that it’s been a standard day, had chemo which is all very boring, had my injection which is all very painful. Had my dressings changed and the biopsy one is finally healed! Woo!! and the old hickman line one is well and truly bruised! Had a good chat on the life-site chatroom tonight which a chatroom for lymphphoma sufferers and people affected by it. And also to Hayley, an online friend I talk to on msn which was great. And also Carly from uni.
I managed to add some photos to Facebook so check those out though I doubt I’ll try and put one on here tonight cos of connection.
Carol and Nan coming tomorrow which shud be good and then Becky on Saturday which I am looking forward too.

Saw Dr. Haynes today too, came to check on how things were going, everything the same, we just wait and see how this all responds really and how long for being the key question. One question I do wanna ask him is what he means by ‘lung involvement’ cos I already know my lump is pressing on my lung - I’ve always known that but does he mean its in my lung now? Cos he told us this after the PET scan you see so I’m unsure now! But next time he comes I’m gonna ask. I only remembered when he’d gone! I might even ask Faith, the nurse, cos she might know.
Also saw some people from a company called Clic Sergeant today who are gonna help me find a psychologist and give me a youth worker who will help me meet others in my situation and stuff and they can provide short holidays and breaks for families free of charge! They are also gonna give me 200 pounds as a grant! So that’s gotta be good!!

I read the instalment of Take A Break today about a lady I know who has the same cancer as me though her initial treatment (RCHOP) has gone to plan. I found it harder to relate too than last weeks article but I understand its her story and her way of showing how she’s managing to deal with everything. I just find it hard to read really sometimes, not just her story, I guess it would be the same for anyones who has been written in this way. It just seems to me that things are going well in a lot of ways with scans showing reduced tumours, something I have very little experience off - yet I still get a negative sense from the article when I want to feel hope from it. If her RCHOP doesn’t work they will be able to offer her other treatments, like me! I hope this makes sense, I probably shouldn’t write about it really. We are in totally different situations and one persons experience is very different from another. But anyway I think I just wish I found the article more positive because I really like this woman and feel she is a very positive person and she has gotten a clear scan now so that’s excellent news! I hope things continue to go well for her!

Also a shout out to Mark, who I don’t know if he reads this but as a fellow Aston student he received some positive news on his last scan and aside from some radiotherapy is cancer free so congrats! And thanks for supporting me while ive been going through everything. I hope I’ve helped you too!!

Anyway, I think that’s all I can say tonight without boring the arse off you all! Still feeling hopeful yet realistic and that’s the way its staying at the min!! Symptoms all the same as yesterday. They say chemo will take about a week to kick in, in that respect but that will clash with my bloods dropping so in a way I may not notice a difference for a few weeks yet potentially though some of my breathing issues should get easier as should the back pain etc even if I feel ill still.
So guys…thanks for reading and night night. xxxxx

1 comment:

CentFla said...

This is cool, I author a blog for my wife and her fight with Lymphoma.

www.itsjoansjourney.blogspot.com

Good Luck and thanks for sharing.

Alan