Wednesday 16 January 2008

My Friends and Family

I have had fantastic support from everyone, my family and all my friends, right from the start and I’ve enjoyed the visits from everyone and the messages I’ve had have been great. It really helps to keep my spirits up especially when I’m feeling low. I know it must be hard for my friends sometimes to know what to say and to know how to deal with this but apart from saying ‘keep positive’ which I don’t like there’s nothing that will offend me if its said with the right intentions which everything always is. Last Saturday Hammad came to see me and I really enjoyed the whole day and catching up on everything, it really lifted my spirits which visits from friends always do!

I’ve had visits from lots of other people as well, most recently, Dan, Phil, Rachel, Dave, Sooty and like I said, Hammad last Saturday. I’ve also had visits from Abby and Laura from Burton. I’ve really enjoyed seeing everyone and it’s been good to catch up on everything.

I think its harder for some people to talk to me about what’s wrong with me and to say the word cancer but I’m never going to say ‘shut up I don’t want to talk about it’ I will always answer questions and be happy to discuss things cos I know I’d want to know if it was the other way round.

I do talk to people who suffer with the same thing as me and people who have recovered from it. The life-site chat room is somewhere I find really useful and always come out feeling more positive than when I went in. It’s a place that people with all kinds of lymphomas can go and chat to each other and I’ve made some good friends. I also talk to a psychologist regualarly which helps alot.


My family have been really supportive, my mum, dad and sister especially and I find it easy to talk to them about everything. They have done everything for me the last few months and I can’t thank them enough. My grandparents the same really though I sometimes find them more difficult to deal with as one is really overly optimist and unrealistic at times whereas the other is the opposite and is very pessimistic! It’s hard to find the balance!

Anyway that brings me totally up to date and from now on this will be a normal blog…..

No comments: