Thursday 17 January 2008

The Longest Day EVER

So I spent the whole day today at hospital. I didn’t sleep well last night at all and kept waking up every few hours even though I was shattered! It happens sometimes, I dunno why, sometimes I’m not even thinking about stuff to do with the cancer but I get random stupid thoughts going round in my head, like about something I’ve watched on tele or something. But anyway I had to be up at 7am to get ready to go to hospital. We left at 8am and 11 hours later we came home! 7pm tonight!

It was such a BORING day. I hate it. We had to wait 2 hours before they even started the bloods cos they weren’t ready for me, then it takes 2 and a half hours per bag and I had 2 bags, then I had to have my injection, my dressing done and an xray so it was 6 by the time we left and 7 when we got in. I did watch a film which killed some time but I was constantly clock watching. And I find I can’t eat properly when I’m in there, its stupid!

The staff are so nice though and all the nurses make you feel welcome and sort everything out for you. We have one nurse in particular at the min called Alison who is really great, she sorts out everything and if something goes slightly wrong she spends ages apologising! It’s not even her fault! Just one of those things like the blood not being ready and stuff. It just gets depressing when your one of the first ones in but the last one out! I read some of my magazine and chatted to mum as well and I tried to sleep but failed. Hopefully that means I’ll sleep tonight. I bloody hope so. I hate not sleeping.

Me and mum chatted for a bit today about what happens if the treatment doesn’t work and stuff and we said its hard for people to contemplate that. But like we said if it happened we’d adjust and we’d deal with it and its something I will discuss with the psychologist, we’ve already mentioned it once. I think its hard for other people to understand though and try to get their heads round it, well it would be wouldn’t it! I think its better to talk about it though than pretend its might not ever happen cos one day it might, I’m not stupid, I know the odds are against me but you have to believe that you’re going to be in that small percentage that do make it through!

I’m sooo tired tonight, I hope this blood kicks in tomorrow and gives me some more energy! Both my nan’s are visiting which will be nice and then on Saturday my cousins are coming. Dad picked up the new car today which is very nice I have to say.

Anyway I’m too tired to write anymore so I’m going to leave it there for now….

No comments: